Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Challenges

First of all, Akemashite Omedetou! I hope the year of the sheep is a wonderful one for us all! Today is the day of firsts - first sunrise, first practice, first chance at starting the year off in the direction I want it to go. To that end I have decided that I need a rigid schedule. . .too much freedom lets my inner procrastinator take over. I have not traditionally been big on schedules, the little rebellious voice inside me whispers that I could just achieve so much more in my own time. Sadly, that little voice is a liar. Too much freedom just lets me delay all the things that need doing but aren't fun (rewrites anyone?). So, for the rest of 2015, I am giving the opposite approach a try and scheduling everything - social media, writing, research, exercise, even learning to play the cello and chauffeuring the teens about town. I don't know if it will make me more efficient, or thrust me into the depths of despair. It will be an adventure in a house full of free spirits, though!



How about you? What writing resolutions are you making making this year? Are big changes on your horizon or are you happy with the track you are already on?




No comments:

Post a Comment