Thursday, June 12, 2014

Excerpt challenge - day nine

It's already day nine – how time flies! First, a huge thank you to everyone who's taking the time to read along. You keep my nose to the grindstone. If there is something else you'd like to see, let me know. Now, onto today's snippet. Keeping with the pattern, it's a Ripples day. Hideaki has a plan that will change Yoshi's world forever. The question, of course, is it a change for the better?



"Sempai, you came.” The Shuhan rose to greet his friend. “I was afraid you wouldn't be willing to leave your husband.”

"For you, anytime. I have to admit you piqued my curiosity. Why do you need me? Have you found a way to treat your condition?” the shadow wolf asked.

"Actually, do you remember the conversation we had at your reception?” Hideaki replied. “While we were dancing?”

"You want to have a child? What does that have to do with me?”

"It's a bit more complicated than that,” the Shuhan replied. “Did you mean what you said about training an Oonishi heir?”

"Of course, I would be honored. But I'm afraid I still don't understand,” Yoshi admitted.

"I've thought about this for a long time.” Hideaki twisted his hands together in an attempt to calm his nerves. “You've shown yourself more capable than I of mastering my family's illusions, and you're a genius in your own right. After thinking about it I came to a decision. I need your help to create an embryo.”

"An embryo?” The shadow wolf tipped his head in thought for a moment. “Nope, I still don't understand. You're going to have to tell me the whole story.”

"I was going to choose some anonymous woman and have her impregnated with my sperm. Then I started thinking about how much stronger the child would be if you and I were the parents.”

"But we're both men. I don't think they can do that.”

"I have access to some forbidden genetics technology. An egg is donated, then its DNA is replaced with mine. We combine it with your sperm and implant it in a surrogate mother,” Hideaki continued. “Nine months later, we're parents. You'll have more reason to train him if he's half yours.”

"So we don't actually have sex?” the shadow wolf pressed. “That's an awfully impersonal way to make a baby.”

"I thought that would be best. Katsutoshi wouldn't blink an eye either way, but I doubt Makoto would feel the same.” The Shuhan eyed the prominent tattoo on the shadow wolf's throat. “As it is I'm afraid I specifically requested this be a solo mission. I hoped to have better luck convincing you without your husband's presence.”

"When did you last have sex?” Yoshi asked. “I've never been exactly sure what your relationship is with Katsutoshi.”

"He is my partner,” the Oonishi replied with a shrug. “He is my friend. But we lack the deeper chemistry needed for lovers. I am too frail for his tastes . . . and I really have no desire for sexual contact.”

"That won't do at all,” Yoshi murmured as he pulled the Shuhan into his arms. “I need to talk to Makoto first in any event. He is my husband and I won't do this behind his back. But if I agree we're going to at least go through the motions of doing this the old fashioned way. You deserve to be loved.”

"I seriously doubt that, sempai,” Hideaki muttered sourly. “In any event, I believe my opportunity for such things has long passed.”


"It's never too late to open up your heart, kohai. Trust me on this please,” the shadow wolf entreated. “I'm going to go call Makoto and let him know we arrived, and I'm going to discuss this with him. When I come back we'll go over what needs to be done in more detail.”

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a glimpse! I like being able to piece bits together with pieces I've already read. I had wondered about this for a while. This is wonderful, Sessha.

    ReplyDelete